Skip to Content

Utah Bar Admissions

UTAH STATE BAR Bar Operations & Admissions

Certificates of Good Standing

Certificates of good standing can take several weeks to obtain from your state licensing entity. The Utah State Bar requires a current (within 60 days) certificate from the state(s) where the applicant is licensed. The certificate must be issued by the state entity that is responsible for lawyer licensing and discipline.

Certificates from federal or “specialty” courts (such as Tax Court) or voluntary bar associations are not acceptable.